David, adam and Trenton
And here is a list of the many screwups that almost ruined the whole party:
- Sent an evite to clays email -luckily clays automatically deletes anything from me with out reading it
- Left a huge list of "things to do for clays party" on my big blackboard in the kitchen, plus multiple other "to do lists" left around-Luckily clay tunes out all my to do lists
- I had my nephew make a little picture dvd of clay and my nephew kept accidentally texting clay about it- Luckily clay has complete trust in me and believed all my lies
- Some people from the ward who couldn't go wished him a happy birthday and he was like "how do they know..." Again me with the lies saved the day
- The day of the party with only an hour to go I went to pick up the cake and food from costco and realized that I had forgotten my wallet! Luckily amber came to my rescue
- Right Before the party Clays phone stopped working -making it difficult to have trenton call with an emergency. I kept asking clay to check if his phone was working causing him to say"Why are u so obsessed with my phone?" Finally Trenton texted me with the emergency and clay never even questioned how trenton got my number since hes never called me before(maybe he was afraid of the answer jk)
- When we arrived at the place of the party we ran into Jeff and his family, who I think were trying to hide out until after the surprise, but clay was just like hey what are you guys doing here and then just went on about his business
- And last but definitely not least, at the party my brother sat on the special dvd that his son spent hours working on, breaking it in half!
2 comments:
Despite all the hilarious mishaps, I think it was a very fun party with delicious food, and Clay's expression was priceless. Of course Andy has threatend my life if I ever entertain the notion of throwing HIM a suprise party. Maybe I should do it out of spite.
Anyway thanks for inviting us! My I am looking large and in charge these days...ahhh me. See ya chica.
It is hard to believe he didn't suspect a thing. Either he is a great liar or you are. It looks like a sucess. I am so proud of you for pulling it together. I am sorry I missed what looks like and awesome party. Merry Christmas
Love you
Post a Comment