Friday, February 4, 2011

I should have known...

In November of 09



I found Tate looking like a smurf and my house covered in blue dye for the SECOND time. Instead of thinking this was a semi funny - semi rare moment of hijinks I should have known this was just the beginning of a career in destruction. Just today(if you are anti spanking stop reading now) I have spanked Tate 3 times, and since I use that as a last resort you can imagine all the other forms of discipline I have also tried in the four hours I have been awake. It is really amazing to me how in such a short period of time how much damage one little four year old can do! He is a master at destroying things. But he is choosy in what he destroys. It must be something of great importance, not just any ol happy meal toy will do. Yesterday he sat on and broke a piece of artwork that Ty had made at school that was very precious to Ty (Ty cried for an hour, poor guy, and never once hit or even yelled at Tate, such a saint). The day before that he painted his face with a 30$ pot of makeup I had got THAT DAY( I cried for an hour, poor me, and yelled alot, not a saint). Obviously since I've had the baby he has had to much free time and I guess breaking things is his favorite way to spend it. He has broken 2 car seats, 2 DVD players plus our car radio and hidden my phone and keys multiple times(this is just off the top of my head). And this is a picture I just took of him one minute ago when he came up to me while I was blogging this!

I'd better go!

5 comments:

Lori Clark said...

Wow - he's busy.

Erika W said...

I'm sorry, but it's just too funny! I can say that because he's not my kid. If my kid were to do those things, spankings would be in order, too. Good luck, my dear. You're gonna need it :) By the way, that's why Heavenly Father made him so cute. The cute kids are always the naughtiest!

Emily H said...

HAHAHAHA! Right now I am laughing at you. One day you will be laughing with me. Maybe he needs a one on one date with that Saintly mother of his. Feel free to bring him down to do damage with J.

Chrystal said...

CRAZY! He would be the death of me - I would totally not be a saint either - bless you Tyler! You sure have your hands full, but at least there is never any dull moments...WOWZA -- but you gotta admit - he sure is cute and it all makes for a fabulously funny story! LOL

Macdonalds said...

At least he is a cute master of disaster:) I feel your pain. Max is finally becoming less destructive. I hope Tate outgrows it soon for your sanity's sake!