Sunday, May 2, 2010

Potty power


Its that time

its actually way past that time but it is time for me to face up to the challenge of potty training Tate. I'm scared, very scared. Even though he looks a little special here, he is fully capable of doing it... I think... so why am I so frightened? I am taking the approach that I took with Ty, which is using a box of "Potty prizes" and he gets a small one for performing #1 and a bigger one for #2. So far he has done all right. He has tried to go #2 with some disastrous results but at least he tried, and #1 seems pretty easy for him if he is only wearing underpants or nothing but add pants and it becomes way too much work. We will see how it goes, wish me luck!

5 comments:

brandy said...

Oh man, I don't envy you one bit. I wish I could give you some earth shattering advice that would guarantee immediate success but I can't. My girls pretty much had it down the first time. I'm not trying to rub it in or anything, I just think they were super ready.

Good luck and try not to pull your eyelashes out!! :)

Erika W said...

Potty training is by far the most horrific part about parenthood. It's stressful, it's disgusting, and it causes cavities (I gave Isaac so many M&M's I thought his teeth were going to fall out). But, it must be done. So best of luck to you. I'll be right behind you with Eli, well, in another year anyway!

Di said...

Good luck Trish! I have two children and still have no idea how to potty train.

trishanna said...

i just wanted to update and say its been going so much worse then i could have imagined.

Chrystal said...

What a big undertaking!! Sigh...I am sending you good luck wishes, and wishes for increased strength, patience, humor, and determination since I think those are the best things I can offer. This too shall pass!!!