First a little known fact...
Me and clay met on new years eve a decade ago. I should tell the story but its so long and although very funny..OK I'll tell it. to preface:Both of us were serving missions in the Rochester new york missions. So I was transferred that very day into a new area and had TWO new companions. We were told no proselyting after 6 cuz everyone was freaking out since it was y2k. my companions had been having an ongoing prank war with the elders in our area (I of course did not approve)so they decided to use this free time to pull a prank on them. They bought a bunch of confetti etc. to put in their car. We drove to the Elders house( clay being one of the elders) and proceeded to do some breaking and entering. If I would have known Clay at all or I mean Elder Anderson, i would've been a lot more stealthy, but we did way to much giggling and got caught. the Elders then made a deal with us. they told us the other elders were coming over and to hide in this shed and then do the prank on their car instead. Now if I had known Elder Anderson at all i wouldn't have believed a word he said, but naively, believing him to be a nice guy, did as he said and hid in the shed with the bag of confetti. After probably a good 45 minutes I looked in the bag to discover it was full of rotten bananas and pretzels! So we busted out of there only to find our car covered in peanut butter and honey. so come to find out, Elder Anderson is NOT a nice guy! But clay my husband is the best and I'm so glad I had the ability to forgive and give him another chance and I'm looking forward to 10 more years with him!
Happy New Year!
5 comments:
That is so funny. I can totally see him doing that!
I can picture the giggling. It is hard to believe it has been 10 years.
What a cute story! It's pretty hard to believe that all three of you girls walked right into that one! Clay is a super nice guy! My favorite of Nate's friends! It was so fun to see you guys. I hope you got your clothes. Thanks again. Love my lashes!
I don't think I've ever heard that story, too funny!
Such a great "how we met" story. And that Clay is a nice guy, just a very sneaky one.
Post a Comment