This week has been full of doctor visits and I feel the need to vent. I took Tate to visit with his plastic surgeon today. I was informed in a condescending tone that we have at least a year to go and three more skin expanders to go through. I guess he forgot that he told me this would be the last one since he looked at me like I was crazy when I told him that. He is so ridiculously hard to communicate with;
I said," so are we gonna have his next surgery soon? Its is getting to its maximum capacity and Its been 4 months." Him: "it has been three. November,December and January.( I guess he doesn't consider October a month for some reason) and there is no maximum capacity(in his mind we could just fill it up till it bursts). Then he says, " on Feb first(in 4days) it will be four months.(LIKE I SAID...) so lets schedule it for march first." Whatever doc. So then he gives me the good news," you are doing a great job with the injections!-its probably your husband who does it, so tell him good job" Its a joint effort, thank you very much, but I'm sure he will be thrilled with your praise!
The other Doctor apt. went better. I saw my ob for the first time with this baby I'm gonna have and I had a little ultrasound and everything is going good. I saw his or her(hopefully her) heartbeat and to boot got a bonus Pap smear!
5 comments:
The plastic surgeon sounds awful. You're very good for holding your tongue, I'm sure I would have given him some seriously sarcastic remarks with lots of eye rollings. I've been meaning to ask, why does Tate need the skin expanders?
Congrats on the new baby. Hopefully, it will be a girl.
Just think, in one more year when Tate's finished with his surgeries you'll be free and clear to punch Dr. Jerkoff right in his stupid face. (Just don't do it around any security cameras- that's how they getcha.)
Hang in there!
I totally feel for you Trish! As if it's not enough stress to have to go through the expanders and surgery in the first place. You'd think he'd at least TRY to have a good "bedside manner." Call me if you ever want to talk. We totally need to do lunch again or even a play date!
Julie
Sorry about the Doc, too bad you can't just go to someone else. Good for you for standing up for yorself. I am excited about your new baby!!!Miss you
How frustrating! That doctor sounds so difficult! I can't believe he's tacking on a whole other year! Hopefully it won"t really take that long.... I'm glad the baby doc appt went better:)
Post a Comment